03 May 2017

Previously at the Palace: Diana plus Royal Siblings

In this series, we capture the biographical and major news posts from this date in previous years so that you can "catch up" on your favorites or reflect on some topics you might have missed. One paragraph is included here; click the title to see the full post.

2010: Diana and Me
"
...Just months after that incredible wedding my teacher asked us to write reports about the year 1981. I was assigned what was assuredly (wasn’t it?) the most important event: the wedding of the Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer. I was 10 and, although I have an excellent memory of my childhood, this report is my first memory of anything royal. By the end of the next school year, my interest (obsession?) with the British royal family had grown so much that my teacher actually sent me, over the summer holidays, the People magazine article about Charles and Diana taking baby Prince William to Australia with them."



Prince George and little sister Princess Charlotte
Photo by The Duchess of Cambridge
2015: A Prince and His Sister
"
In honor of Prince George of Cambridge and his as-yet unnamed little sister, who was born yesterday at the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington, let's take a look at other royal big brother-little sister combinations starting with the most recent."



No comments:

Post a Comment